06 February 2021

Yesterday...

...was a remarkably productive day for both Cindi and me. Cindi got her driving license updated (and we always dread that!), some quite successful shopping at bargain prices, and a doctor’s appointment all taken care of and home by nearly noon. In the morning, I rearranged my study in a way I really like: 

That print above my desk is a most remarkable confession of the faith, a gift from Bart Day when I retired from Synod. I love it! Riojas is simply amazing, and I can’t wait for you all to see what he’s done with my wolf story! Coming soon... 

Best of all, with this arrangement, I still get to write looking OUT the window, but without being IN the window (which is kind of awkward in the very early morning when the sun is beating in).

And then Amazon delivered some curtains and curtain rods and some pants I had ordered (I still can’t believe that I needed to get a pair of 28’s!). Rebekah had recommended this brand and she was right. They are just perfect. Sadly, the curtain rods didn’t actually work, so then I did a trip down to Lowes and of course, they had what I needed, AND I was greeted by a man who saw me looking lost when I entered and he brought me right to where they were; much better than my usual wandering in that maze. 

Anyway, we have all but eliminated blinds in favor of curtains and we both like the look ever so much more; not to mention that CLEANING the window and curtain is infinitely easier than keeping blinds clean.



4 comments:

Marc X Gajeton said...

Love the look and simplicity of your study! The Riojas painting looks great there. I’ve recently decided I want to start collecting his works to hang throughout our home.

William Weedon said...

Thanks, Marcus! And what a wonderful idea: to fill the house with his work. All of it confesses, surrounding us with deep insight into the truth of the Gospel.

Nancy said...

What is on top of your desk?

Your home always looks so peaceful.

William Weedon said...

Hi, Nancy. If you mean the contraption at the end, that’s my standing desk. It enables me to write standing up, which I must prefer to sitting. Have done that for years now. And thanks for the comment on the home: indeed, for US, it is a haven of peace. Has been ever since we embraced Konmari.