10 August 2022

It’s 1:30

And it feels like a full day has already happened! Up at 5:30 (working on Wordle and Quordle) as I made coffee. Then prayed Treasury with Cindi for St. Lawrence’s Day. Privately prayed Matins with morning’s psalms, Jeremiah 49, Te Deum, Acts 9, Benedictus and then prayers from Lutheran Prayer Companion. A bit of meditation on the wounds of Christ with the Jesus Prayer. Reading from Day by Day (your daily bit of Luther), Larger Catechism, and a section from the Apology, and wrapped up with C. S. Lewis. Workout as I listened to Ezekiel (some of the racier bits today!) and did 200 pushups, 24 pull ups, 24 45 lb KB swings. Then out for a walk and what a delightful morning it was: the birds were belting out their own joyful Matins and Lauds! Home for shave and quick shower, after which I walked around a bit more inside the house to get miles up to 5. I love to have the five miles under the belt before 9 a.m., but it wasn’t till 9:10 I finished today. Still, I’ll take it. Then down to LPR studio to record a promo and three shows (with a Starbucks stop on the way). Home to cut grass, grab a bite to eat, and then write the next podcast. I debated getting in the pool, but it’s barely 80 and cloudy. Think I’ll pass on that today. So now I’m sitting here with a glass of wine and aimlessly blogging. 

I did decide to revert to older workout schedule. My intent going forward is to do the 200 - 24 - 24 on Monday-Friday, and to aim for at least 5 miles of walking Monday-Saturday. Sunday I’ll settle for 2.5. 

Still coming up is Vespers (evening psalms; Jeremiah 50; Magnificat; Hebrews 13; Nunc Dimittis; and Gerhard’s daily prayer), Dinner, and God willing, a game of Liverpool in which Dave, Lois, and Cindi will behave themselves (that is, let me win!). 

2 comments:

Otimista said...

Hello, Pastor Weedon!

Offtopic question, but I need to do it: just how can I get Piepkorn's book “On the Church”? Can't find anything about it online, and there's no archive of it around.

Anonymous said...

https://alpb.org/books/arthur-carl-piepkorn-book-package/