12 February 2006

Ack! Chris!!!!!

Well, I've been tagged. Drat it all. Christopher, I hate these things. But FOR YOU I will do it:

Four Jobs I've Had:

Gas-station attendent
Salesman at a lighting store
Tile Layer (okay, so it only lasted about two weeks)
Pastor

Four Movies I Watch Over and Over Again:

Steel Magnolias
Lord of the Rings (I, II, III)
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Anne of Green Gables

Four TV Shows I Watch:

I really don't watch TV anymore. But I used to watch:
Cadfael
Magnum PI
Rockford Files
Barretta

Four Places I've Lived:

Wheaton, MD
Richardsville, VA
Garfield, NJ
Burlington, NC

Four Places I've Vacationed:

St. Thomas, Virgin Islands
Prince Edward Island
Niagara Falls
Bethany Beach, DE

Four Websites I visit daily:

Drudgereport
Mac News Network
http://chaz-lehmann.livejournal.com/
http://www.redeemer-fortwayne.org/blog.php

Four of My Favorite Foods:

Chicken a la Shannon
Pizza (loaded!)
Lobster
My mother's buckwheat pancakes

Four Places I'd like to be right now:

Wherever it is snowing (NY, NJ, Boston, I'm not picky)...
Wherever it is 85+ sunny and there is a beautiful beach...
Wherever the Mass is being celebrated...
Wherever the Rachmaninoff All Night Vigil is being sung (has to be Russian and with real Russian basses)...

Four Bloggers I'm Tagging:

Deb Dillon - http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/debdillon/
Charles Lehmann - http://chaz-lehmann.livejournal.com/
John Fenton - http://conversiaddominum.blogspot.com/
David Juhl - http://fatherdmj.livejournal.com/

4 comments:

William Weedon said...

Thanks, SaintFloyd. I think I got it fixed.

Anonymous said...

AKK, you didn't get the memo? I am a tag free zone ;)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Pastor Weedon,

I noticed that your sister-in-law, who you tagged here, says you told her that you'd be leaving the LCMS for Orthodoxy in four years.

Not that this would surprise anyone, obviously, but should you really stay with a congregation if those are your intentions? Also, maybe she misheard you. If so, perhaps you should clarify your intentions.

I'm asking not only because deception is not what we should engage in but also because I had a pastor who did this to me once and it caused deep problems.

He claimed he was Lutheran, like you do, but he was replacing Lutheran doctrine and practices with Orthodox ones. Then he fomented a church split and then left both congregations.

It was pretty disastrous and it was all based on lies.

Fact is, almost every Lutheran I've ever known who went Ortho has engaged in this kind of deception.

So, just wanted to suggest to you that if you want to leave the Lutheran church, you shouldn't wait for four years and put your congregation through hell but you should just leave. Also, deception is bad.

Mollie

Anonymous said...

I note that the relevant portions that concerned me have been removed from the web.

Here was what your sister-in-law had written:

"I've also begun a lengthy discussion with my Brother-in-Law, Pr. Weedon.
He was my source man for finding info about early church practice,
especially the Liturgical practice of the early churches."

"Then last Jan. my dear BIL calls me to announce that he is planning to
leave LCMS (Lutheran Church Missouri Synod) for Orthodoxy when his
youngest is done with school in 4 years."

Mollie Z.