04 February 2006

Joy!

Last night, Cindi and I got a wonderful surprise. David told us he was going out on a date with Misha. We watched a little bit of Oliver's Travels (what a great series - and I WILL get it back to you, Deb!). And finally, at about 10 headed to bed. We'd just drifted off to sleep when David got home. He came to the door of the bedroom and said: "Mom, Dad, I'm home. Oh, and I found something." And then LAUREN ran in and jumped on the bed!!!!

Those little sneaks! They had it arranged that Lauren was riding home with Dean this weekend, and David went to pick her up in Collinsville when she got in from Seward.

So this morning, at breakfast, I had the unspeakable joy of ALL my children gathered around the breakfast table. God is very good - He always is - but moments of the family being together make me sense that benevolence more than ever!!!

4 comments:

Chaz said...

David is my kind of scum.

Anonymous said...

Ahh, William!

Your joy of last night and this weekend adds to my joy of this evening!

Ezekiel+

Anonymous said...

Your post made me think of Ps. 128:

Blessed is every one who fears the LORD, Who walks in His ways. 2 When you eat the labor of your hands, You shall be happy, and it shall be well with you. 3 Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine In the very heart of your house, Your children like olive plants All around your table. 4 Behold, thus shall the man be blessed Who fears the LORD. 5 The LORD bless you out of Zion, And may you see the good of Jerusalem All the days of your life. 6 Yes, may you see your children's children. Peace be upon Israel!

God grant you a joyous time together.

William Weedon said...

Ezekiel,

For you my heart overflows! I wish you and Catherine every good thing in Jesus Christ! To Him be the glory forever and ever! How I wish I could have been there!

But God gave us joy here at home too: we had SIX teenagers around our dinner table, laughing and talking and it was a hoot as pork ribs, roasted chicken, fresh bread and salad disappeared faster than you can say: Pass that please!

What joys our God delights to give us. Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory to Him forever!