23 June 2010

PrayNow

You guys know that I'm fanatical about the Treasury.  I LOVE it!  It's so helpful for an ordered life of prayer and Bible reading.  If the Treasury had one draw back, it was size.  To make sure it was a complete volume, with everything needed for the Offices, it was made downright chunky.  Hauling it along for our trip to Mexico this spring was not fun.  I've been dreading hauling it along to Houston.  And now I don't have to.  The Treasury is so small it fits nicely in my pocket:  in my iPhone!

I downloaded it and starting fiddling with it today.  Granted, the whole of the Treasury is not in there, but everything I need for praying the daily office IS.  I've got Matins, Vespers, and Compline.  I've got the entire Psalter (and if you go to the settings, you can turn on the pointing for chanting!).  And best of all is how the daily propers just pop up.  SWEET.  Daily Prayers are all included and selected canticles.  And if I find something really neat I want to mark in the physical volume, it's easy enough to drop a book mark into PrayNow!  So I can pray the office anywhere, anytime, as I'll have my phone with me and Treasury as the PrayNow app right at hand.

CPH, this is definitely the coolest app on the phone!  Thanks a bundle for coming out with it!  You can read more about PrayNow right here.

7 comments:

Rev. Paul T. McCain said...

: )

Fran Szarejko said...

I love the TDP but as I travel a great deal for business it is just a bit too much to take with me.
So, I got it for my Kindle and thought that was great. Now, I have "Pray Now" on my Ipod Touch and have been using it the last couple of weeks. A great blessing to have my "daily office" in such a portable format.

George said...

I'll pray the old fashioned way until an app for Android comes out.

Although I guess I do have TDP for my Kindle.

Past Elder said...

I pray the old fashioned way too -- no TDP!

Randy Asburry said...

Glad you're catching up (finally! :-). Check this out: http://rasburrysres.blogspot.com/2010/06/praynow.html ... and pay special attention to the comments. :-)

Rev. Paul T. McCain said...

Weedon, for all his talk about being a klutz and a technophobe, etc. told me that he somehow managed to jailbreak his iPhone and I hardly understand what he did, or how he did it, but he did and now he uses his iPhone as an iPod, or something.

At any rate, this technological accomplishment shatters the myth he has perpetuated that he is essential technically challenged. Not true!

Dan at Necessary Roughness said...

Pr. Weedon jailbroke his iPhone? Wow, I haven't even gone that far.