22 June 2010

New Lutheran Quote of the Day

When the logs from our eyes have been removed through Calvary, we see.  We see Jesus on the cross supplied by us, for us.  We see ourselves as forgiven sinners.  Then, when we bump into another sinner, we are able to help, for love comes sideways.  We know the things that contradict Christ and the pain and ruin they work.  We want each person we meet to be freed of them, and we are there to help him or her.-- Dr. Norman Nagel, Selected Sermons, p. 170.

2 comments:

Becky said...

This is such a good quote. I have to pass it on! Especially to a few people who have misunderstood me, thinking I was looking down on them. I wasn't; I was empathizing with them because I am just the same.

Pastor Weedon, I don't say this enough, but your blog is so encouraging to me. Thank you.

William Weedon said...

Thanks, Becky! I appreciate that. Still keeping you in my daily prayers, dear: Becky from Japan!