12 June 2010

This-n-That

The new diet regime we're on with Jo - the no coffee just about killed me, but I think I made it through the caffeine withdrawals!... Jo and I split the Liverpool wins last night... Remind me next time that when I'm having trouble with the pool leaking, it's likely because I put the salt-water system back together incorrectly after cleaning - it only took me a day to realize that (hey, I'm blaming the headache!)... Had good run yesterday and finished up with bike-ride, the last half of which was into a strong wind - yuck... Carlo sent over a piece for the quartet that has me rather excited; I sang it in 8th grade chorus and I've not heard it in years:  Cantate Domino by Pitoni... Despite the cruddy end to the week, I'm happy to report that I ended up crossing off everything on my to-do-list for the week (which makes for a very happy Saturday)... Blessed Lord's Day tomorrow to one and to all!

7 comments:

Dan at Necessary Roughness said...

Pr. Weedon's diet almost sounds like something written by Pr. Martin Niemöller:

They came first for the carbohydrates, and I didn't speak up...

Then they came for the coffee, and I didn't speak up...

I'm sure I left out a few... :)

William Weedon said...

ROTFLOL. With this particular diet we're doing with Jo, they gave the carbs all back - in spades. No sugar, of course, but all the fruits and berries and rice we want to eat.

HappyFox said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
HappyFox said...

Pastor,

If headwinds bug you, maybe you're riding the wrong kind of bike!

http://tinyurl.com/e1t1

William Weedon said...

Dear Happy,

Our friend, Robert Esch, has a couple of them! And we often see them on the bike trail. The one thing that I do not like about them is having my head at the dog's level of attack!!! But they seem to be rather easy to use (after getting used to them) and in these parts, are not unusual to see.

HappyFox said...

Rofl, Pastor. Well, we haven't had any problems with dogs yet, but you never know. :)

Anonymous said...

Headwinds are good for you! It's the only thing us flatlanders have that simulates climbs! Find the right gear and just settle you self into a steady cadence.

- Jeff