31 January 2010

You know that I'm not

very "up" on current culture. But I kept thinking about "Blind Side" and how the NCAA lady had planted those doubts in Michael about why the Tuohys had befriended him. That's EXACTLY how Satan works in planting doubts about God, His commandments and His promises. He suggests that He doesn't want us out of love, but to use us. He plant the seeds of doubt that blossom into our full-blown suspicions and fears about Him. But in our Blessed Trinity there IS no ulterior motive. His love is His love and it is uncaused in us. He can't benefit from us sharing His joy and peace and Kingdom. Only we can. And so it is such a LIE that Satan sells us. "God knows that in the day you eat it..." See what he implies: "God's holding out on you; God's cheating you; God's using you." Okay, that's as far as I'm willing to venture into modern culture. Back to my time machine... [Thanks to Jim for correcting me on the organization that was questioning him]

No comments: