23 September 2019

But when thou prayest, enter into thy closet...

Matthew 6:6. This makes me chuckle, because as an early birthday gift this year my wife and family gave me a lovely prayer desk crafted by none other than my friend, Pr. Randy Asburry, wood-worker extraordinare. This prayer desk needed a home in my study and since I had turned the closet into a place for books but had space besides one bookcase, well, that seemed the logical place to put the kneeler. And so yes, I enter into my closet to pray. :) However, I can’t shut the door, as our Lord goes on to bid us do, since I have removed those. Still, it is quite the perfect little prayer place. Thanks to my family, and thanks to Pr. Asburry who makes these wonderful puppies.


1 comment:

Nancy said...

It is beautiful and has a sense of peace about it.