21 September 2020

Blessed Festival of St. Matthew, Apostle and Evangelist!

Cindi’s up in Wisconsin, helping Lauren do some final cleaning before the move and to give an assist with the transport of their indoor forest (all my kids have indoor forests!); so I’m baching it till Wednesday evening. Routine was the same though: up for coffee and praying Treasury; then the Morning Office; Meditation; Walk; Workout; Blogging and Book of Concord reading. But as today was the Festival of St. Matthew, the sun was shining and the weather gorgeous, I pulled out the bike and rode up to the Mass that way. I was a few minutes late, though. Need to better gauge the time. I heard the bell sound when I was still quarter mile away. That’s okay. I just started praying the liturgy in my head and I was about right too. When I slid in next to Lydia, Henry, and Sammy we were moving toward the end of the Gloria in Excelsis. Pastor Gleason was celebrant and preacher today, an excellent homily on “follow Me.” I noticed another bike parked at St. Paul’s; great minds and all that! I think it was my next door neighbor, Pr. Schnare, who  also was enticed to enjoy the beautiful weather and a bike ride up to Church this morning. Now it’s time for a second pot of coffee and to get cracking on podcast writing, as I continue to plough through the Gospel whose Evangelist we give Christ our great thanks for on this day. 

No comments: