19 September 2020

Saturday morning...

...we were up at our usual 5:30, and shortly thereafter enjoying our first coffee. Treasury and private Bible reading and our walk. Cindi cut my hair and we both grabbed showers. She and the St. Paul bell choir played at the cemetery for the funeral for our dear, dear Evelyn Schumacher. Still hard to process that a woman so utterly alive and active is gone. She was 95 and lived her life to the fullest, still climbing the steps to the balcony to play bells without showing her age at all. I’m sure pastor’s homily was comforting, but from where I was standing I could only catch the odd phrase now and again (traffic from the highway and my own hardness of hearing). We came home and had a bit more coffee and then went out to do our sprints in the beautiful sunshine and cool temps. The weather today is as sunshiny as Evie’s personality; I’ll take it as a gift from God in honor of this beloved child of His. 

No comments: