14 November 2020

Every time I look at the pic on the top of this blog...

...the plaintive words of Psalm 42:4 come to mind:

When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday.

Sigh. A multitude.

O Lord, forgive us for ever taking for granted the unspeakable privilege of assembling together as a congregation. We praise you for the ability to gather, even in smaller portions together and ask You to preserve Your Word and Sacrament and common prayer among us. Yet above all we beg You to hasten the day when the congregation can assemble as one again and all the members of our parish family be together. O Lord, we miss one another dreadfully. We ask it in the holy and blessed name of Jesus! Amen.

No comments: