03 January 2021

What wonderful time off!

So much joy in spending time with family and friends (even got to see ALL the grandkids twice!). This afternoon, Cindi and I went ahead and took down Christmas (yes, I know we have two more days to go!), because the week promises to be quite busy indeed. As always, I love the Christmas decorations while they’re up; and I love the much simpler look in the house when they have been put away yet again. I AM raring to get back in the saddle, writing and recording podcasts and shows again. Nothing like a stretch of time off to whet the appetite for work. The week ahead will hopefully see six podcasts written and recorded; an Issues series finally wrapped up; an article for the Lutheran Witness online blog; an interview with friend and colleague Chris Rosebrough; and serving as subdeacon at the Epiphany morning Divine Service and then attending the evening service with my wife (who will sadly miss the morning one due to an appointment), and my usual duties on Saturday and Sunday. Deep breath, but totally refreshed and raring to go!

No comments: