04 October 2021

61. How can that be?

Well, today I am 61. AND my sweet wife royally spoiled me all day. I usually get the coffee going while she’s finishing up in the bathroom, but today, she was up and had it all ready for me to pour by the time I got out to the kitchen. She blessed me with two cool sweaters and some awesome gift wrap (see pic!). And while I had started work, she snuck out and filled up my gas tank (we came home last night near to empty). Then she made me my favorite breakfast (egg porridge and also sausage patties topped with cheese and fried egg). Then for lunch today she made me my favorite carnivore pepperoni pizza. And I still have a zerocarb cheesecake to look forward to for dessert. Yes, there is no two ways about it: she spoils me rotten. Thank you, my love!


3 comments:

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday and God bless your wonderful wife!!

George Spicer said...

Happy birthday, Will! A question - I am retiring at the end of the month and an in the process of clearing out my office. I have a small home office with limited bookshelf space. I also have a fairly complete set of Luther's Works. With space at a premium I am wrestling with deciding which volumes to bring home and which to donate to the church library. I recently saw your study and I notice that you had a number of Luther's Works but I didn't see the entire set. So, I'd be glad to have your opinion on what you would consider the absolutely necessary volumes that should be on any pastor's shelf or tablet. Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated. If you like you can get me at gspicer2@cox.net.
God's blessings!
George Spicer

William Weedon said...

Thanks, Nancy! And Amen.

Hi, George! I never actually owned the whole physical set, just ones that I wanted or was given over the years (Paul McCain sent me complimentary copies of the newer sermon volumes; miss that guy!). I DO have the entire set in my logos software, though. But I did pare the old library down very much; I honestly tried to keep just the volumes I couldn’t bear to part with. I wanted everything to fit on those shelves!