16 October 2021

This ‘n’ That Chores

For a couple years my covered window wells have looked like terraria. So today I unscrewed the covers and cleaned them out. Good thing my wife or daughters weren’t doing the job; they’d have had heart attacks over the spiders! And several years ago the kids had given me a purple martin house (because they eat so many mosquitoes). Unfortunately, the SPARROWS and WRENS moved in and refused to even allow the purple martins anywhere near (we saw them try one day when we were in the pool). Hosting a hotel for those little guys is a messy venture, so I took that down too. Only thing I didn’t deal with yet is the post at the bottom which David set in cement. It’s not budging. Also checked the gutters, and they were clean as a whistle. Good to get that kinda stuff done on a crisp fall day. Our thermometer says that it was still not 60 yet!

No comments: