19 July 2010

Anthem: "Lord, It Belongs Not to My Care"




Lord, it belongs not to my care
Whether I die or live;
To love and serve Thee is my share,
And this Thy grace must give.



If life be long, I will be glad,
That I may long obey;
If short, yet why should I be sad
To welcome endless day?



Christ leads me through no darker rooms
Than He went through before;
He that unto God’s kingdom comes
Must enter by this door.



Come, Lord, when grace hath made me meet
Thy blessèd face to see;
For if Thy work on earth be sweet
What will Thy glory be!



My knowledge of that life is small,
The eye of faith is dim;
But ’tis enough that Christ knows all,
And I shall be with Him.

2 comments:

Susan said...

We sang this several times last year, and I think it was my favorite choir piece of the year. So good to hear it again!

William Weedon said...

We first sang it at seminary, and I've loved it every since....even though Baxter was a Puritan!