08 August 2005

Just so you know...

We are in mourning this week. It is so true that you take people for granted. Well, twice a year I get to remember someone whom I take for granted way too much: the church secretary, Marianne Altevogt. She is on vacation this week. So Vicar and I get a first hand experience of what life would be like if we didn't have faithful Marianne on hand all the time to schedule appointments, draw up and publish and run off and assemble the bulletin, answer the incessant ringing of the phone, and too many other things to mention. Pray for us that we don't flub it up this week. We're just amateurs standing in for the pro. May God send every parish a secretary like unto Marianne Altevogt!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would it be prideful and arrogant to mention our church has two secretaries? [running for cover now! ...]

William Weedon said...

Dear David,

Give Larry my greetings and tell him that my vicar with a clean-shaven face looks remarkably like him! I keep expecting Vicar to talk about Finney any minute.

Dear Brian,

You, sir, are a dog. ; )