02 April 2008

Second Full Wednesday

and, yup, it's perfect. Midweek. Time to gather again. The Sacrament. Study of the Word. Compline. All of which translates into great peace and joy. And although the spoken Divine Service will NEVER be the same as the sung, there is something about what the Romans call "low mass" that allows the words to play differently than in the singing. No question that I love the singing, but speaking and PRAYING the Gloria in Exclesis or the Sanctus or the Agnus - it brings the texts into new and wonderful light. I see the value of both in a way that I never did before. I wonder if it's just the astonishing beauty of the words, quite aside from the their music, that comes shining through? In any case, I'm glad for the experience of both - for truly the priceless gem in either is the true Body and Blood that covered the sin of the whole world given to us as the sign and seal of forgiveness and life. "This Sacrament is the Gospel" Dr. Luther once observed, and how right he was!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is great Pastor Weedon!

Anonymous said...

i am praying for pastor wilken and his family as well as mr. schwarz and his family. issues etc means (meant) a lot to me and i am truly going to miss it dearly, i already do... it's unbelievable to me the show is gone.