15 August 2020

A Saturday just like the Dr. Ordered

We got up at our usual time (quarter to six), enjoyed a leisurely cup of coffee, prayed Treasury, and did our own private devotions. Then it was time for a walk. We circled the neighborhood as we usually do on pleasant days. Then I did some meditation and got ready to run sprints. Ran a ways up the bike path and back. Listened to an excellent podcast, an interview with Dr. Shawn Baker.  Then time to vacuum the pool. Boy, did it ever need it, too. Then a bit of a snooze on the raft in the sun and a shower. Worked on a little Aria by Scarlatti. Wrote a letter to a friend. Then Cindi and I finally got around to eating at 2. I’ve taken to burgers lately; she’s happy to eat the steaks. We had eggs with the beef, something I’ve come to enjoy very much. Then a slow bike ride down to post office to post letter, and now the only thing in front of me is the Saturday service at St. Paul’s. That one meal will probably do us for the day. Now feeling relaxed indeed and very thankful for a beautiful day together with my wife. 

No comments: