18 October 2020

More interesting parallels

Today’s first reading in the KJV schedule was Ecclesiasticus 51, and included:

I opened my mouth, and said, Buy her [Wisdom] for yourselves without money. Put your neck under the yoke, and let your soul receive instruction: she is hard at hand to find. Behold with your eyes, how that I have had but little labour, and have gotten unto me much rest. 

I wonder if our Lord was putting Himself in the place of Wisdom, then, when in Matthew 11 He invited us under His yoke to find rest for our souls!

2 comments:

Weekend Fisher said...

Hi Pastor

I've also seen where the ancient Jewish community saw living under the Torah as a "yoke". Though in Jewish thought there's a lot of overlap between Torah and Wisdom also.

Take care & God bless
Anne / WF

William Weedon said...

Thanks, Anne!