18 April 2021

JUST what the Dr. ordered!

Today our parish had a picnic. Our Christian Life board served up some sloppy joes and cupcakes. People brought chairs and we enjoyed some beautiful 60° weather. It was so, so very good to see so many folks again! I’m your typical introvert and usually plan as rapid an escape from a group situation as possible and without being too rude. Not today. Mary said: “I’m surprised you’re still here.” I told her shows how deprived I’ve been, how much even I have missed the company of this bunch of saints that God has joined together into a family in this place. And not just the old faces, either. Our parish has welcomed 30+ folks in the past year, so there’s a bunch of new people to get to know right alongside lots of old faces to visit with, and in general, just a humungous joy in simply “being together.” 












No comments: