19 September 2010

Sunday Joys

After the joyous Divine Services (and the choir NAILING the joy of the day in the anthems) and Bible Class, home for a quick lunch and then finished up next week's bulletins.  Lauren, Dean, Dudley (their coon hound puppy), Dave and Jo came over for Liverpool.  Dudley and Lucy sang back and forth at each other.  It's funny and cute - but it wears thin after, oh, 10 seconds.  I headed off to lead Catechism service at 4, back home for dinner with the crew at five, and then over to Youth Group at 5:30.  We had a GREAT first meeting for the year - 8 kids total - and laid out plans for the coming months including paint ball, a dinner for the seniors of the church, a Lenten Lock-in, a float trip in the summer and several other goodies.  Whew.  Long day, but lots of joys along the way!

P.S.  Who won at Liverpool, you ask?  Such an irrelevant question, don't you think?  Truth is, I had to bow out before the game was over to get to Catechism, so I suppose you could say I LET Jo win, because surely if I'd have hung in there, she'd have been toast.  Again.

2 comments:

Rev. Charles Lehmann said...

So the answer to the question is: Not you.

William Weedon said...

Not technically, since I wasn't in the running at the end. One can speculate, based on my stellar record (ahem!) that I would have taken the prize away from Jo had I just been allowed to finish... or one can be a dreary realist...