20 February 2011

An Email that brought great joy...

...I share it with permission:


I bought each of the kids their own Treasury.  They were so excited to get their own.  They immediately put in the ribbons where they were supposed to be and wanted to do the devotion.  So, I usually do the evening prayer with them at night, but in the past I had the book and passed it around.   We did the evening prayer and finished.  Then…this is the part you won’t believe…AJ asked if we could do Matins.  I said, sure, we can do that.  So he was the leader and took us through the whole service, singing and everything.  Tomorrow night we’re going to adapt Matins, Vespers and our readings to fit our style.  When we finished, he took his Treasury into his and Michaela’s room and made an altar and already asked if he could lead again tomorrow night in his room.  Amazing.  Oh, and I forgot, he asked me for his own hymnal.  Can you believe it?  I said I’d have to get one for each of them.

The lad referenced in the above is in fourth grade at our school.  What a testimony to our Treasury!  It should be marketed as:  "Not for adults only!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Fr Weedon looking forward to the ordination of AJ in about 15-20 years?

AXIOS!

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww! Go AJ!!

Rev. Paul T. McCain said...

I'm dabbing at my eyes now.

: )

Mark Reed said...

As a product of Lutheran parochial school in the 1960s, I find this simply beautiful!

tehazy said...

The Lord our God be praised.