31 July 2011

No question that my 2007 MacBook

has been the best computer I've ever owned.  I still love it, and it's going strong.  BUT it was not even a year old when THIS began to happen:

No, that's not white out spilled on my keyboard.  It's the letters of the keyboard whited out - I assume by acid or something in my fingers?  Is this what excess coffee consumption does to a keyboard?  But why four characters in the left hand, but only a single one in the right (n)?  I don't look when I type so it's a minor annoyance only - just makes my computer look a little funny - but has anyone else had this trouble?  It seems parallel to a problem I had with my old iBook - the letters would literally disappear from the keyboard altogether.  I know I type hard, but really?  Any other odd balls out there that this has happened to?  I've not encountered any.

4 comments:

Past Elder said...

Hasn't happened to me. Although, I use a 4 year old Toshiba laptop and wouldn't use a Mac, iPod, iPad, iPhone or any other Apple product if you bought one for me.

Cap'n Salty said...

I don't have any experience with any of the Mac products except MacDonald's. But my keyboards routinely start losing some of their letters after a year or so and my space bars typically become bent after about that much time as well. The chemistry of your skin may have something to do with it, as well as letter combinations you use frequently. And of course the materials in the keyboard could well be of slightly different composition at different places in the batch.

Rev. Paul T. McCain said...

Will, if you would stop drinking ten pots of coffee a day, you would stop being "Acid Man."

Seriously, I've never seen anything like this before.

Are you sure David did not get to your computer?

Michael L. Anderson, M.D., Ph.D said...

"Any other odd balls out there that this has happened to? I've not encountered any."

See, I figure that if this keyboard was a "MacFrancis," we'd be marveling at its stigmata.