06 February 2007

Why This Woman...


....should not be allowed to work evenings.

First, because then I have to labor over fixing dinner. Like tonight. I sent David to Edwardsville to pick up Pizza-pizza from Little Caesar's.

Second, because the males are ninnies and cannot possibly be expected to keep track of details. As in: David driving all the way to Alton for Tae Kwon Do, even though that woman had already reminded him there were no classes tonight. BUT IF SHE HAD BEEN HOME instead of out working, she would have stopped him before he left.

And as in: Daddy being left in charge of picking up Bekah from pep-band and the game at the high school and getting her to her geometry tutor. Now, daddy was smart enough to get Bekah from point a to point b, but he wasn't smart enough to bring the geometry text book along with him - it was left at home. BUT IF SHE HAD BEEN HOME instead of out work, she would have reminded daddy that he needed to take the text book.

Third, because she remembers to ask the dog the all important question: "Do you need to go potty?" And if you don't ask, Lucy won't tell and then, well, you know the rest...

So, as I'm sure you see, IT'S ALL HER FAULT! "The woman thou gavest to be with me...went to work, and that's why nothing worked right."

Cindi? PLEASE, COME HOME. SOON!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well.. I certainly hope the doggie didn't poop on the laptop again ;)

Where would you men be without your women!? Probably still eating raw meat in a cave somewhere.

Deb

William Weedon said...

Well, cold pizza anyway. Poop on the laptop? My Lucy-love???? Please!

Anonymous said...

Poop on the laptop? My Lucy-love???? Please!

Well then... your memory is as good as your hearing. ;)

Deb

Chaz said...

Does Cindi have a habit of becoming more beautiful all the time? It rather looks like it.

Don't worry. I'm not going to steal her. I like the one I'm courting better. ;-) You and Cindi make me look forward to a time, perhaps quite soon, when I have someone to take care of and who will care of me also.

Past Elder said...

Marriage turned me from a guy who knew where the doughnuts and pop are in the grocery store to a widower with a 3 month and a 15 month (now 9 and 10) old.

In terms of wives not being around, I don't know if it gets better or you just learn to deal with it better.

One thing for sure -- it sure cuts into available time for blogging about whether my church exists or not!

Kepler said...

Yep, it's hard to be the head of the family when you can't find your head.

My wife attaches mine with duct tape each morning. It helps.

Anonymous said...

well...if you would LISTEN when she told you stuff...it's called a hearing aid.

Anonymous said...

Genesis 2:18

Veritas!