18 September 2023

This weekend…

…I was privileged to preach the 225th anniversary of St. John’s Lutheran Church in Conover, NC. 




So I flew out Saturday afternoon to Charlotte, caught an Uber up to Conover, checked into my hotel, then enjoyed a late dinner with Pr. Scott Johnson and his lovely wife Denise. Sunday Pr. Anton Legoutine picked me up at the hotel and took me to St. John’s, where I preached their early and late services and led Bible Class. It was wonderful to see the love of the people for each other: never seen so many Lutherans hugging each other! Not once, but twice in their history their sanctuary has been destroyed by fire. After grabbing a really quick bite at their dinner, I ubered back to Charlotte and, after standing in long lines at the airport, got a chance to write Monday’s sermon for Matins, and then finally hop a flight…to Dallas…and then, at long last, finally arrived at St. Louis after ten and got home about 11. Deep breath, and off we go into a new week! Thanking the Lord, though, for safe travel and for the many saints I got to meet in Conover. 


No comments: