04 January 2008

Kudos to Emmanuel Press

My volume of *The Brotherhood Prayerbook* (Second Revised Edition) arrived today. Wow! From what I've seen it improved an already good book to make it truly excellent.

Edward Riojas' artwork graces the pages. The book has been brought down to "normal book size" - it's about the same size as an LSB. Ribbons were added - 8 of them! And if you follow the options provided, you'll need to use about all of them. Unlike the first volume, this edition (like the paper back without music) ditched the LSB daily lectionary in favor of the daily lectionary from TLH. Gregorian notation is used throughout the book - as before - but now it is provided everywhere. Extra Compline hymns have been added.

And of course, the greatest resource for learning to use the book is right there on the net:

www.llpb.us

You can learn to master the chant by listening to Pastor Benjamin Mayes sing the Psalms, Canticles, and Responsories for you.

For $50.00 it is utterly worth it, in my opinion, for those who love Gregorian Chant and wish to pray the Office in its fullness in the very highest and best of the Lutheran tradition.

1 comment:

Brian P Westgate said...

I can't wait until they invade the Fort so I can buy it too. Now I wonder, should I keep my first edition, or should I try to give it away/sell it off (option 2 sounds better to my cash-strapped ears).