07 June 2010

28 Days

Took Jo to see a new doctor this morning, and she put her on the elimination diet for the next 28 days. I could honestly think of no way to get Jo to agree to this regimen if she had to eat it alone, so we're eating it with her:  Jo and Dave,  Cindi and I.  Plus Bekah, too, she thinks.  Lord, have mercy. Will let you know how it goes... I just keep telling myself:  "It's just 28 days, you can do just about anything for 28 days." And my favorite question I think is going to be:  Is it July 4th YET??? Dinner tonight was a bit of experimenting (no real time to cook after dr appointment, cleaning up the pantry, and restocking it by grocery shopping) - a fresh salad, humus on rice crackers, almond butter on rice crackers, buckwheat groats (which tasted amazingly like oatmeal) served with some almond milk, and lots of fruit: strawberries, blueberries, cherries, and blackberries. Also about four cups of herbal tea. We can do this - and may it bring some good answers for Jo's many issues. You all pray we can support her all the way through and keep her strictly on it!

9 comments:

revpaulcain said...

What kind of elimination diet?

Joe said...

That's a tough diet, especially the compost on rice crackers. Next time you might want to try some hummus!

The kasha sounds good. Not sure if you're allowed knishes on this diet, but it's great as a knish filling.

The tea should help you stay on the diet. Here's an idea: Make an outing to a specialty tea store and buy the very best herbal tea you can find. It helps make the diet special. Even better idea: If green tea is okay, then buy or pick some fresh mint and flavor your tea with it.

Cha said...

OTOH, sounds like a good meal for the Apostles' Fast.

Anonymous said...

Now that's love!

-Jen

Paul said...

delicious!

William Weedon said...

Paul,

It eliminates the most common allergens in diet.

Joe,

The kasha was good and good again for breakfast - this time with blueberries.

Cha,

You sound just like my sister-in-law. Fancy that. ;)

Paul,

it is rather delicious...for now.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you can cheat on the diet when your wife isn't looking...

Elephantschild said...

I bought myself a new bead for my Pandora bracelet as a reward for going my first 25 days without wheat.

Quinoa is a tasty substitute for couscous and is very yummy with meat stews, mushroom-containing things, or cheddar cheese. Cooks up just like rice.

I thought I'd miss cake, but I miss deep dish pizza more than cake!

Anonymous said...

"I thought I'd miss cake, but I miss deep dish pizza more than cake!" --Elephant's child

I think I would, too.
I went on a low calorie 'adventure' for the usual reasons, and thought I would really miss chocolate.
But what I literally dreamed about was my aunt's rice pudding with raisins that I hadn't had for more than 20 years!

Helen