11 November 2010

Old Lutheran Quote of the Day

Oh, how beautiful Your redeemed in heaven will be, for it was for us You shed Your blood, not for the stars.  We too are Your creatures, not less than the stars, and yet You have loved us a thousand times more than the stars; in this I take comfort.  Though diseases may waste me and wither me, yet eternal bliss will make everything beautiful and rosy again.  Then I shall shine like the stars, yea, like the angels! -- Valerius Herberger, The Great Works of God, p. 42.

2 comments:

Larry Luder said...

We have been have having such good weather in the NID. The other day, I noted it must be an Altweibersommer! The clear starry evening sky was breathe taking, but I could never say it as eloquently as this. But I can certainl pray it now!

William Weedon said...

Larry, Herberger is amazing. The whole book is a conversation with our Lord about Genesis!