06 August 2006

Where are you going on vacation?

I get that question a lot. You see, my vacation started today after church. Where am I going?

Let's see:

THIS



Or THIS?





No contest. I'm going to my favorite place in all the world. HOME. As in the St. Paul's parsonage. We wanted to arrange a trip away, but the kid's conflicting schedules ruled it out for this summer. So, I'm just going to take off two weeks and do some fun things:

Deb and family are there till Thursday and we'll be doing plenty of visiting!
I plan to go to the library and sign out several books and read them - I haven't been able to read much lately.
I plan to do some worship planning for the upcoming quarter - I usually do a year in advance but transitioning to the new hymnal made that impossible.
I plan to spend some time watching some DVDs - I hardly ever turn on the TV and I plan on kicking back and watching a movie or two.
I plan to visit some neighboring churches to hear the preaching of the Gospel and receive the Sacrament.
I plan to spend one day at the waterpark in Wood River.
I plan to spend one day at Raging Rivers in Grafton.
I plan to play some pinochle.

Sounds like an odd vacation, I'm sure, but my idea of the perfect vacation is the one where you get to stay home and enjoy the comfort of your own bed and eat your own food. "Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fr. Weedon,

Your vacation doesn't sound the least bit odd to me. In all honesty, I strongly dislike going anywhere for vacation. I prefer to stay at home. When I go away, I often come back feeling more run down and tired than when I left. I sleep better nowhere like I do in my own bed.

I sometimes think that now in my youth I have emerging signs of agoraphobia that will (and often does) become worse as I get older. But, for now, I'm just happy to stay at home for vacation. It is much easier to keep the prayer offices that way!

Fr. Cota

William Weedon said...

Fr. Cota,

Glad to hear I'm not the only wierdo! I've always been a home-body it most certainly HAS grown more pronounced as I've grown older.

Pax!

Chaz said...

A few days ago I spent some quality time with the Holden Village website. I will be going there, at the very latest, two years from now. That looks like very much the perfect vacation to me. ;-)