30 November 2006

An Icy Wonder

The world outside my window is covered in ice. It really is beautiful. The trees are coated, the sidewalk, the grass, the road. Treacherous to walk on, of course, but still beautiful. I am enjoying it from the inside with hot mugs of coffee and chocolate. My wife? My crazy, loony wife? She dons her sweat pants, her hat, and puts on sneakers and what does she do???? She goes for a jog in it. I am thankful I only found out that she was out running in it after she came back in. Her words: "Yeah, it feels like glass cutting your face when it hits you." And the look on my face says: "Don't you think you might just be overdoing this exercise bit a teensy bit?" Ah, Cindi, you are a nut - but I love you!

P.S. Did I mention that she already got up at 5:15 this morning to jog on the treadmill?????

5 comments:

Randy Asburry said...

And when did you go for your jog of the day? ;-)

William Weedon said...

Now that is a very rude question!

A more appropriate one would be: when are we going to whoop Cindi's and Rachel's posteriers in a game of pinochle?

Anonymous said...

Randy,

Give him a break, will ya? Don't you know he's been running in circles this week?

Tim Landskroener

Eric Phillips said...

Jogging on ice sounds UNhealthy to me.

Randy Asburry said...

A more appropriate one would be: when are we going to whoop Cindi's and Rachel's posteriers in a game of pinochle?

As soon as possible, my friend, as soon as schedules will allow, I suppose. I keep looking for some "daylight" in my schedule and our family schedule so that we can have your over (I believe it's our turn to host).