13 November 2008

Patristic Quote of the Day

O Christ the Savior! Grant my heart's request, that my tongue might become like unto a sweet-sounding flute; that by comforting, enlightening and educating others I might pay off a small portion of my great debt and, protected by Thy mercy, I might be saved when every soul is set trembling before Thy terrifying glory. Verily, O Master, only-begotten Son of God, hearken unto me and accept the petition of Thy servant as an offering. I, a sinner, am saved by Thy grace. To Thee who savest a sinner by Thy compassion, is due all glory unto the ages. -- St. Ephraim, the Syrian *A Spiritual Psalter* #109

3 comments:

X said...

pay a portion of my debt?!!

William Weedon said...

Your never ending of gratitude to Him who did so much for you - just because He loves you.

X said...

Well, if it had been put that way...