29 November 2008

Two Gifts - Wonderfully Restored

Years ago, one of my dearest friends, Karl Bachman, gave me a Watanabe of the Lord's Supper. He asked only that I have it professionally framed. Well, I put it up in a simple frame and postponed getting it properly attended to. And several years back, our dear friend, Barb Brase, gave us a lovely winter picture, but the frame came apart, and it's been missing in action for a long while. This year, we asked Dave (my father in law) to fix both and he did - far surpassing our expectations. They both look beautiful now. We took down the ocean picture that Joanne had painted for us (we're going to keep it for summer) and subbed the winter scene. And the Watanabe now hangs beautifully in the living room. Amazing, absolutely amazing, what a proper frame and matting can do for a painting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please post a photo and share. I would love to see them.

William Weedon said...

Alas, they both have glass frames and I can't figure out a way to make the camera get a decent picture sans flash. But if you're ever in the neighborhood, stop by and I'll show them to you AND give you a meal!