05 June 2008

Did I mention...

...that this very day the lovely Cindi has been my bride for 26 years? Before the altar of the Lutheran Church of St. Andrew we "plighted our troth" - well, since we used the service LBW we actually didn't, but that sounds more impressive. I remember that it was rainy and overcast. I think back to all the friends gathered there that day to celebrate with us. So many have already passed on: my mother, my brother, Nana, Grandpa and Grandma DeVries, Uncle Neil, Aunt Fanny, Aunt Emma, Aunt Connie, George Higgens from Louisiana, so many more. Gerry Coleman blessed us with some special music; though he was not the organist that day - a friend of Cindi's family, Rick, played for us. The wedding took place during the Eucharist, at which Pastor Lobien was celebrant and also the officiant of the wedding. It was a blessed day - and I can't believe it was that long ago.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

43 yrs. ago today Chuck & I were married. The Lord has been good to us. It was a beautiful, hot, summer day. It's goo to share this day with you. Cindy Neff

William Weedon said...

Cindy,

Congrats to you and Chuck!!!

Doorman-Priest said...

Well congratulations to you both. What an achievement.

William Weedon said...

Doorman,

Thanks so much. I think it is a sheer act of divine grace that enabled Cin to put up with me all these years - and that is absolute truth.

Mimi said...

I think it is the anniversary of about half the couples in Blogoslavia.

Congratulations and Many Years! Enjoy!