10 June 2008

On Differences in Eating

So, here we are, visiting at Deb and Doug Dillon's home, and I had just gotten myself a piece of lo-carb toast and sat down at the table to eat it and sip my starbuck's coffee. Deb finished making herself an egg, and got her toast out and buttered it. She set it on the table, and announced: "I'm going to do my hair real quick."

So I sat and munched on my toast and watched her toast and fried egg get colder and colder. She finally showed up again and sat down to eat. She said it wasn't cold. But in my book, that egg would have been utterly uneatable by then.

So what about you? Do you like your food PIPING HOT from off the stove or do you let your food cool to a disgusting luke warm and THEN eat it?

11 comments:

Emily H. said...

Ha, ha! That sounds like my kid's theory for eating their food. It has to be nearly cold before they touch it. Sometimes I wonder why I cook it in the first place! ;P

Mimi said...

I'm so jealous! Enjoy your visit!

Cha said...

The kids like it cold - spouse likes it piping hot, I like it somewhere in between. Not so hot I can't taste it, but not cold and lifeless either.

DebD said...

Once again, it is proved my BIL is out of touch. I'm sure he's never seen A Christmas Story.

I haven't eaten a hot meal in nearly 20 years. LOL

(pss. And I wasn't gone that long - 5 mins. tops!).

Allen said...

Pastor Weedon,
You are way too funny. My wife and I "gently disagree" on this constantly. She will call me to the table milliseconds after the food is off the stove. I will sit at the table until she is about half done before I will take my first bite.

It is good to know that we are not the only ones to disagree on this crucial topic.

William Weedon said...

You heard it folks: FIVE minutes that poor egg sat on the table, rapidly cooling off, pining away that no one was there to eat it when it was truly edible...

Anonymous said...

surely you meant "inedible".

Mike Adair said...

I pause long enough to pray and apply Tabasco.

Lutheran Lucciola said...

If the egg is part of an egg sandwich, as in bread-cheese-egg-condiment-bread, then five minutes is fine.

If by itself, or with meat, cold is not great.

However, I am not very picky.

Anonymous said...

With regard to my food, I often find myself saying, "Would that you were cold or hot! . . . Because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16).

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. :)

Jason

wrmyers said...

Very good Jason! For me: food hot, coffee hotter.