22 October 2009

The Joy of Physicals

Ugh. You know what I mean. The INDIGNITY of it. But Doc smiled and said: "Next year you turn 50; we'll talk about more interesting tests then." Ick. Good news was that 8 years into Atkins, the cholesterol readings remained, in Doc's words, "beyond optimal" - HDL 94, LDL 79, Total 187 and Triglycerides 71. Yeah! Blood Pressure was also good: 128/76. Weight hanging in there just under 150. Creatine was a tad high and have to go back and get that checked in 3 months; but I DO eat a ton of protein. All in all, still on target for my "fabulously fit by fifty" goal. Now, if only I get in the exercise I managed back in the summer. Right now only holding to my 3 days a week at the Y.

9 comments:

ScotK said...

Ah, yes. I can tell you about the more interesting tests. Is your doctor waiting to start trending your PSA for 50 or has that started already?

William Weedon said...

No, um, he's still checking that the old fashioned way...

ScotK said...

Oh, the digital age. Gottcha.

Scotty said...

I to have experienced the "MOON RIVER MOMENT Examination" ! Funny how such an exam can cause men to lift their voices HIGH to the Heavens while bending forward face down over the exam table...

+ Robert Wurst said...

I got my birthday present this year.

Joy.

Jim Huffman said...

TMI. :)

Dcn. Carlos Miranda said...

Pr. Weedon, you've been an inspiration- I started Atkins and running, it's working!

Anonymous said...

HDL higher than LDL!

Wow! That has got to be very unusual!

Larry Everett said...

WOW!! 94 HDL must be near a world record. I was beaming w/pride over a 64 HDL.

RE: 'old fashion way' My doc says, after my complaint about new technology, that it is NO FUN on the other end of the finger.....