01 August 2007

I feel like...

...I'm in the parable. Our lamps are lighted. We're waiting for the wedding to begin! I *think* we've got all the preparations taken care of as far as we are able. Homilies finished for Sunday and for the wedding. Tomorrow family and friends begin to arrive, and I finish up Dave and Jo's catechesis. Friday we'll set up the hall for the reception, and then rehearsal and pizza over at Tim and Lynn's and swimming for any who care to plunge in. Saturday morning Cindi informs me she's going for a bike ride. Hmm. I don't know about that. I told her she's liable to fall and cut herself and look just lovely for the wedding! I got "the look." Wedding begins at 2:00 and then the reception. Father Feicho was kind enough to take the Divine Service at St. Paul's on Saturday evening. I'll be preaching the two services Sunday a.m., and doing Bible class. The greatest joy for me on Sunday will be confirming Cindi's mom and dad as Lutheran Christians. Have no idea how many of our guests from out of town will join us on Sunday, but I hope some of them do. Then I'm off for a week to visit with relatives and in general recuperate!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The greatest joy for me on Sunday will be confirming Cindi's mom and dad as Lutheran Christians.

What a double blessing, Pastor Weedon.

May the love that lives eternally in the Holy Trinity be abundantly poured out in Christ Jesus on the happy couple as they are wed.