1. I don't have to agree with you to love you and be kind to you; nor you, me.
2. When another points out my sin, I should listen and consider his words in my heart and thank God for an opportunity for repentance.
3. Explaining my neighbor's actions and words in the kindest way is always in order - did Luther ever say anything better than that explanation to the 8th commandment?
4. Looking for an opportunity to confess Christ is also always in order - it's not about being right or wrong; but about confessing Him who is the Forgiveness of our every sin and the Destruction of death itself for that Gospel is the power of God for the salvation of all who believe.
5. Snarkiness does not become any baptized child of God, but most especially not those who confess the Augsburg Confession.
6. Pride is always a fundamental demonic assault upon that truth confessed in Article IV of the AC.