21 March 2009

Crazy Time

So David's auto was smoking from under the hood. Rich (our friend and mechanic) let us know that it was time to bid farewell to the vehicle; it just wasn't worth repairing. So we spent some time car shopping of late. This morning is the way it should always go: we had an appointment with a friend (and member of St. Paul's), Bob. I had given him our parameters earlier. He showed us what he had. One stood out right away. Appointment was at 9 and by 11:30 we're driving away with David in his "new to him" car: a very sporty looking 2005 Neon with a killer sound system. Only drawback was the burnt orange color, but it actually grows on you. So, God willing, the lad is set for a several years. Bob sternly charged him to change the oil on time - and I reiterated that message (a lesson learned the foolish way, I'm afraid, for me). And the REALLY cool thing? David's car is SOOOOOO much sportier than ours, that I'm just betting Bekah will be pestering him to allow her to drive it to prom. I can hear the wheedling starting already!

2 comments:

Rev. James Leistico said...

When I gave Mr. Giordano your message, he seemed disappointed (about a lost opportunity to tease, perhaps?) when I said I thought David had nothing to do with the car's death.

Past Elder said...

Well I hope he enjoys it. In 1955 I went for a ride with my dad and my car-dealer uncle in the then-new Corvettes, and resolved one day to have a car like that. And did.

Nothing I like more now than my Town and Country! It does everything you could want a vehicle to do -- except be a chick magnet.