30 March 2009

Now this is FAST Bread

In a bowl mix 2 eggs beaten, 1/4 cup of almond flour, 1/2 tsp baking powder, some cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves and 4 packets of splenda, a tsp of vanilla extract and splash of cinnamon davinci syrup. Stir till clumps are gone. Pour into two greased bowls. Microwave for 2 minutes. Split in half, butter and enjoy!

You can make a savory version by dumping those spices and cutting the splenda to a single packet and stirring in some Parmesan cheese and garlic powder and a splash or two of Tabasco.

I love almond flour...

7 comments:

X said...

Have you not discovered Truvia yet? It's so much yummier than Splenda. truvia.com It's natural!

HOW can you afford almond flour? Sheesh. I'm jealous and it's your fault?

Like that blame shift there? ;)

William Weedon said...

Jen,

Truvia's okay. But I like Splenda; it tastes like sugar to me. My son can spot it at 20 paces; but not I.

Almond Flour should never be purchased from the grocery store - then it is way too expensive. But Cindi orders it from some whole-saler and then it is much cheaper:

http://store.honeyvillegrain.com/blanchedalmondflour5lb.aspx

Still expensive, but not like at the store! And five pounds of almond flour goes a LONG way.

X said...

Well, I've got a whole big unopened bag of Splenda for ya that I'll never use. Remind me to pack it in May. I'm hooked on Truvia.

I'm thinking that a 5 pound bag would spoil before I figure out how to use the stuff properly. I'm a poor baker, and when I try alternatives to regular flour, I usually make a lot of scary creations.

William Weedon said...

We keep it in the freezer.

X said...

Oooo! Like in 1 pound bags? Or is it still scoopable when frozen?

William Weedon said...

I think you can freeze it anyway you want. And yes, it remains scoopable.

X said...

I will try it! Thanks!