03 October 2009

Treasury Joy - Not Alone!

An internet friend, Myrtle, wrote these wondrous words today. I share them with her permission:

When you read the "Treasury," do you not just sometimes find yourself pausing a moment to revel in knowing that there are so many other Christians reading the very same words, praying the very same prayers, with you each day? Yes, it is an amazing tool. Truly it is. I did not know baptismal sponsors are actually godparents. And I did not know that godparents give gifts. So receiving the "Treasury" as my baptismal gift a couple of weeks after my "sprinkling" was a total surprise magnified all the more when I realized what the book actually was. However, aside from being the richest of resources, for me, the best part is the fellowship it brings, fellowship in knowing that while I am alone in my room, I am not alone in proclaiming the Word of God and lifting up my voice in prayer.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Thanks for sharing this - I hadn't quite thought of it that way. I will think of this often from now on. I, too, read mine alone (except of course for God's presence always with me). Now I will remember the likelihood of other people reading the same words at the same time.

Maria said...

I had thought of many Christians reading and praying the same texts every day, which is a consolation for me because I cannot find any like-minded over here. Using the Treasury reminds me of belonging to the Church with big C anyway.