13 October 2009

A Wistful Watching

Cindi and Bekah have been busy around the house. Painting and such. And I look at the transformation of Bekah's room and it makes me kind of sad. Don't get me wrong - looks very nice, very nice indeed. But it is no longer a high-schooler's room (just as earlier it had ceased to be a little girl's room). It is an adult's room now. Tastefully arranged. David's room is the same way (when he straightens it up, which does periodically - ever the artist, I think he artfully arranges his clothe dumps all over the floor!). It's an adult room. There are no more children here, and the rooms declare it. I love my children as adults and dearly enjoy their company, but still I note the passing of the marks of their childhood and adolescence with some sadness.

4 comments:

William Weedon said...

Faster than I would ever have believed. I used to think that was kind of non-sensical, but it's really true. The years fly faster and faster. Remember the days of summer when you were a lad? They stretched out before you forever. Now a summer passes so swift it leaves the head spinning!!! When are we going to get together for that beer in St. Louis, Scott?

Anonymous said...

actually...I think he does more art with the 3 week old food, plates, and beverages (and that's being generous about the time frame of food, erring on the side of short).

Anonymous said...

Next up -- there will be a series of marriages and you will get to enjoy a whole new series of children (your sons/daughters-in-law).

Then there will be grandchildren (and since you are a pastor you will get to baptize them!!).

And then you will have little ones again,.... then they will grow up to be teenagers...... ..... .....

God's blessings are to the thousands of generations to those who love Him!!

Psalm 127:3-5

Past Elder said...

Mine are still zu Hause. What I remember fondly are the days when a 99c Hot Wheels made their day rather than computers, cell phones, iPods, what kind of car will I get when I'm 16 usw!