03 September 2010

You know that thing

about how Macs take care of themselves?  Well, that only works when you allow the Mac to download and install its regular updates.  Bekah's DVD function had stopped working, her camera wasn't loading pics, and such.  So I finally sit down to look at her MacBook last night to see what was the matter.  An hour and half and umpteen updates (including two firmware updates!) later...it was working just fine.  And a happy daughter plopped in Lord of the Rings and began to watch, while I went to bed!

4 comments:

Rev. Eric J Brown said...

Likewise, the Christian life only remains the Christian life when one is refreshed and restored by the Word and Sacraments.

Do not get into the habit of refraining from updates, as some of you have.

William Weedon said...

Hey, I LIKE that!

Past Elder said...

Given how some -- all? -- users of Mac products go on about them, this Toshiba laptop, Samsung phone using type finds it interesting that just like us guys, Mac guys don't do the updates, they don't get the performance, and eventually stuff won't run!

I think my dad's equivalent was something about everybody putting on pants one leg at a time.

Larry Luder said...

I don't own a Mac, I can't afford one. But my son swears by them and I'm only tempted to swear at my PC. Hey, Rev Brown, ditto, I like that too.