08 July 2008

Dean's Fault

You know, I used to be perfectly happy with Maxwell House coffee. Scoop some, make some, enjoy the java. But my son-in-law is a coffee connoisseur and he really got me hooked on fresh ground. So much so that I asked for and got a coffee maker that grinds as well as makes coffee. Trying not to be decadent, I limit myself to one pot of fresh ground java a day, but let me tell you when that second pot is made from pre-ground bean, what a total taste difference. Well, at least it allows me appreciate the first pot of the day so much more...

5 comments:

Randy Asburry said...

One to two *pots* of coffee per day?! Now we know why you have so much energy and feistiness! ;-)

Larry Devich said...

That makes no sense to me, why have second rate coffee when you have the ability to have good coffee? That's like deciding to have one glass of a nice Beaulieu Cabernet but to keep from being "decadent" you drink a glass of Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill for your second glass... I tell you, it's just plain wrong!

Rev. Alan Kornacki, Jr. said...

It's like when Jesus changes the water into good wine after the merely adequate wine has run out, only in reverse!

Christopher Esget said...

I'll double Pr. Asburry's comment. I used to drink a couple of pots a day, in seminary and my first year or so in DuQuoin. What it got me was a prescription for Prevacid and stern admonitions from my doctor to stop it. Ach, that was horrid!

You must have an iron stomach. One more reason to envy you, I guess...

mlorfeld said...

Just imagine if you started roasting your own beans... frankly Starbucks and even Kaldis tastes bland and stale now.