11 February 2009

Attempt #2

So I tried to give up Microsoft Word last year for Pages 08. It was a near thing, but finally Pages then had a few too many problems that only became apparent with use. [David, you can shut up now.] When Pages 09 came out, I read and studied a bit about it, and numerous sources said: "Yup, it's arrived; a REAL replacement for Word." I decided to plunk down the money for it. I've been living with it now for almost a week, and I'm ready to offer an unqualified "'ppears to be so." Numbers and Keynote have also improved, and I'm continuing to learn the ins and outs of them. Any users of Pages 09 that want to chime in? I'm thinking it's wonderful indeed.

3 comments:

Pr. Scott Klemsz said...

It took me a while to get use to Pages, but I made the conversation last year. I haven't updated to the latest version, but will do it soon. I have no reason to use Keynote, but I have used Numbers and haven't had any problems.

Anonymous said...

Pages does pretty well. It has some weird interface things that take some getting used to, but then so does Word on the Mac.

Keynote is much better than PowerPoint and has been for several years. I wouldn't give a presentation without it anymore.

Anonymous said...

I've been using both Keynote and Pages since they were released. They've always just made sense to me, and did the things I needed them to do. I never really understood the difficultly some had with them--I always felt like I had so much more control with Pages than Word, and it always seems to do what I want it to do.