23 July 2007

Speaking of Blogging...

...let me give you my list of three people who SHOULD be blogging but aren't!

Anastasia Theodoridis - a FABULOUS writer (you can tell just from her comments on various blogs) and a very articulate Christian. I enjoy her comments wherever they show up - even when she's wrong. Put the hat pins away, dear!

Randy Asburry - Pastor Extraordinare at Hope in St. Louis, a classicist, and a good friend. He even knows how to play pinochle correctly (spades are trump, now pass me some cards!)

Lee Maxwell - Lee has the gift of understated Minnesota humor that will leave you rolling while he barely cracks a smile. He's also a classicist and a very fine theologian, especially of the liturgy. Why don't he write none?

So what about you guys? Who are the folks you wish would blog who don't?

7 comments:

Rev. David M. Juhl said...

Pr. H.R. Curtis

William Weedon said...

One big fat "amen!" to that one!

Chris Jones said...

First of all, let me say Amen to your nomination of Mrs Theodoridis and Pr Asburry. (I don't know Lee Maxwell but if I did, I bet I would second that one, too.)

That said, I would have to nominate Bill Tighe, who has to be the best commenter in the Catholic, Anglican, and Lutheran blogosphere combined.

William Weedon said...

You're right, Christopher. Dr. Tighe should be at the top of the list. I still treasure the day he called out of the blue and we discussed everything under the sun. Wish he kept a blog!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Very kind.

I actually did set up a blog, and I started to post a couple of things on it. But then, what I was going to post needed more explanation, and this more explanation and then needed more and before long, it all turned into a small book (in my head). So I've been struggling the last 2 months or so to get THAT written. I'm on the fourth of six major sections; I think in the end it will make about 180 pages or so. If anybody will ever publish it, I'll let you know. If not, I suppose I'll put it out there on the Net.

Hatpins stay out. Too irresistable! Besides, they're my only weapons; I already put away my cudgel.

love,
Anastasia

Kepler said...

Eric Phillips

Anonymous said...

Peter Bender