18 July 2009

Seems each time

we ride along the bike trail we end up seeing something wonderful. Today, as we were headed back from Decamp and just about to ride through the swamp bisected by the trail, I noticed a strange looking thing standing by the trail. At first I thought my eyes were deceiving me. But no, as we got closer we could plainly see it, and then it took off up into the trees. A HUGE heron of some sort. Must have stood 3 ft. or more tall, and when it flew it had an enormous wing span. Absolutely beautiful. I hope we get to see it again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! I live near a park system and every now and then have the joy of seeing herons flying overhead. It's a magnificent sight to be sure.

Christine

Anonymous said...

Great Blue Heron??

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=great+blue+heron&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2&aq=f&oq=

Mark