19 November 2009

From the Last Sunday Liturgy

The Bridegroom soon will call us, "Come to the wedding feast"...The ransomed of the Lord shall return and come to Zion with singing; everlasting joy shall be upon their heads. They shall obtain gladness and joy and sorrow and sighing shall flee away. O Lord, make me to know my end and what is the measure of my days...O Lord, absolve Your people from their offenses that, from the bonds of our sins which by reason of our frailty we have brought upon ourselves, we may be delivered by Your bountiful goodness...New heavens and a new earth... The wolf and the lamb shall graze together... In many-colored robes the king's daughter is led to the king with her virgin companions following behind her... God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ... I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband... Watch, therefore, for you do not know the day nor the hour... Wake, awake, for night is flying... She wakes, she rises from her gloom... And of this fruit so pure and sweet, the Lord invites the world to eat, to find within this cross of wood, the tree of life with every good... Wide open stand the gates adorned with pearl, While round God's golden throne the choirs of saints in endless circles curl, and joyous praise the Son! They watch Him now descending to visit waiting earth. The Lord of Life unending, brings dying hope new birth... Thine the glory in the night, no more dying, only light... In my love's baptismal river I have made you Mine forever. Go, My children, with My blessing - You are My own...

No comments: