10 October 2010

Prayer After Communion

Merciful Redeemer, You have fulfilled Your promise, "Come to Me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."  At Your Table I have received nourishment for my soul, the water of life in my weariness.  By giving me, with the bread and cup, Your body and Your blood, You have have said to me:  "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are Mine."  You have wiped out all my sins and have put on me the garment of Your righteousness.  Make me truly grateful for Your abundant love.  Let the Sacrament be in me a power overcoming unbelief and doubt, conquering temptations and evil desires, and producing good works and humble service.  Having been a guest at Your Table, help me to share the bread of life with my neighbors, so that they may share my joy and happiness.  To You and the Father and the Holy Spirit be glory forever and ever.  Amen. -- from the Treasury of Daily Prayer, p. 1470.

No comments: