21 October 2010

You know...

...a couple weeks ago we decided to use some antique ball jars from my mom to put some grain into in the kitchen.  I didn't think we'd need to label the grain - I mean, you can look and see what's what, right?  So, tonight Cindi complains that the brown rice she has made up for me just is not getting done.  I take a peak and sure enough - watery.  And it looks weird.  So I stir some more, cover it up, and we wait a bit longer.  I try it again.  Nope.  Not done and not right either.  Weird.  Can rice go bad?  No.  I look over at the containers and a light dawns.  I ask Cindi if she fixed the "rice" from the large blue ball jar?  Yes, that's the one.  The one with the WHOLE WHEAT in it.  I showed her the one with the rice in it (it actually HAD a label) and we had a good laugh.  The stir fry was still good - even without the rice.  And I didn't even say ANYTHING to her about proving herself David's mother...

6 comments:

J.G.F. said...

Paper meche!

William Weedon said...

Cin says: that's white flour, not whole wheat grains. More like little pebbles...

William Weedon said...

...for mosaics!

scott miller said...

Very Funny... I had a similar moment this past Sunday afternoon...after cleaning out the grill and removing the cooking racks... I walked across the garage... picked up the big brown bag of lump charcoal and thinking that it felt a little heavy walked over to the grill and began to pour "Fish Food Pellets" into my Clean Grill...

Anonymous said...

If you're like we are, you've probably also chopped all the veggies and meat, stir fried it in the wok, only to realize that you should have started the rice 20 minutes earlier! But it still tastes pretty good, even without the rice.

Viekerhaus

Ted Badje said...

Soggy rice not taste nice, even if it is wheat - Confucius.